Pumpkin muffins crusted with melted butter and cinnamon taste exactly like cake doughnuts without all the fuss!
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
2 + 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 + 1/4 cups pure pumpkin puree
1 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 + 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour one 12 standard muffin pan and one 6 standard muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate small bowl whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla.
- In another large bowl beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl. Add flour mixture in three additions alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture beating on low speed just until combined.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean 24-26 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl whisk together sugar and cinnamon for coating.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove one muffin at a time from pan and brush all over with butter then toss/roll coat in the sugar mixture until completely coated. Place on wire racks and cool completely. Best eaten within 24 hours.
Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
Pumpkin, muffins, Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
via simple cooking, recipe http://simplecookingrecipe1.blogspot.com/2013/09/pumpkin-doughnut-muffins.html