Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 190* C/375* F.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and milk, then sift over the flour and baking powder.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 10 to 14 minutes.
- For the topping, divide the glace icing into four equal portions and take out 2 tbsp from each portion.
- Colour each main portion in different colours and each smaller portion, which will be used for the webs, in contrasting colours.
- Working on one cake at a time, spread over the main colour.
- Place the contrasting icing in a piping bag, cut off the tip and pipe a spiral over the icing.
- Pull a cocktail stick through the spiral from the center out to give a feathered effect.
- Decorate 3 cupcakes of each colour combination.
For Thick Glace Icing:
Sift 250 g of icing sugar into a bowl and gradually beat in the 3 Tbsp of water. 1tbsp at a time to give thick, smooth, glossy icing. The icing may be made up a few minutes before it is needed. Stir regularly and keep the bowl covered with a damp cloth to prevent the icing from crusting over.
Halloween Webs Cupcakes
Cupcakes, Halloween Webs Cupcakes, Halloween
via simple cooking, recipe http://simplecookingrecipe1.blogspot.com/2013/10/halloween-webs-cupcakes.html