Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 17 min
Main Ingredients: flour eggs
· Flour – 1 1/4 cups
· Corn flour – 2 tbsps
· Sugar – 3/4 cup
· Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsps
· Salt – 1/4 tsp
· Eggs – 2
· Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
· Butter – 1/4 cup, unsalted
· Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
· Vanilla essence – 1 1/2 tsps
· Butter – 1/3 cup
· Nutella – 1/2 cup
· Icing sugar – 2/3 cup, sifted
· Milk – 1-2 tbsps or heavy cream
· Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line the muffin tray with cupcake liners. cup moulds with paper liners.
2. Slft flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt at least 3 times and place in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat the butter until light. Add sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
4. Add each egg, one at a time and beat until well incorporated. Add the oil and vanilla essence and mix well.
5. Add 2 to 3 tbsps of flour, alternating with a little buttermilk and mix until well combined on low speed. Do not over beat.
6. Start and end with flour. Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners a little over 1/2 full. Bake for 14-15 mts on until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
7. Place the tray on a wire rack to cool for 10 mts. You can frost the cupcakes with frositng of your choice. I frosted with nutella frosting.
8. For frosting. Beat the butter for 3 mts on medium speed. Add icing sugar little by little along with a tbsp of milk and beat further for 6-7 mts until light and creamy. Add nutella and beat for another 3 mts. Fill a piping bag with a icing tip of your choice and pipe the nutella frosting over the cupcakes.
· All the ingredients for the cupcake must be at room temperature.
· Do not overbeat the cake batter at the time of adding the flour and buttermilk. Just mix till well combined on low speed.
· You can add 1 cup sugar for a sweeter cupcake. Since I was frosting the cake, I reduced the quantity of sugar.
· You can omit butter and use 1/2 cup oil or vice versa.
· Refrigerate the piping bag with frosting for 15 mt so that it is not runny when you pipe the frosting over the cupcakes. I have reduced icing sugar to less the sweetness of the frosting. You can use utto 1 1/2 cups icing sugar.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
Cupcakes, Nutella Frosting, Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting, Vanilla
via simple cooking, recipe http://simplecookingrecipe1.blogspot.com/2013/11/vanilla-cupcakes-with-nutella-frosting.html