-2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened -15 cups confectioners’ sugar -1 cup milk -4 teaspoons crushed vanilla bean extract (you can also use pure vanilla extract) -2 drops of light pink gel dye (or color of choice) to dye the frosting.
- Beat butter with hand mixer for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, and beat until incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar and milk, alternating 1 cup at a time. Mix until frosting is fluffy with medium peaks.
- To decorate, place cake on a rotating stand. Fill each layer of your cake with butter cream.
- Add a number 103 tip to your pastry bag, and fill half of your bag with frosting.
- While holding your pastry bag vertically, make sure the slot of your tip levels perpendicular to your cake. Use a quick back-and-forth motion at least 1-inch wide to make ruffles, pulling tip up the side.
- When you reach the top of your cake, turn the cake stand very slowly while piping a circular ruffle design over the top of the cake.
PERFECT FROSTING FOR RUFFLE CAKES
cakes, FROSTING, PERFECT FROSTING FOR RUFFLE CAKES
via simple cooking, recipe http://simplecookingrecipe1.blogspot.com/2013/11/perfect-frosting-for-ruffle-cakes.html