- 4-5 peaches
- ¼ onion, diced fine
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4 juniper berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ loaf of crusty bread, like a French baguette
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- Brie cheese
- Peach Chutney
how to do it :
- Peel peaches and remove pits. Cut into large chunks, about 1 inch. Dice onion into small pieces (smaller the better).
- Place lemon peel, peppercorns, juniper berries, and cinnamon stick in a cheesecloth pouch (create your own with a paper coffee filter if needed).
- In a medium sauce pan, add peaches, onions, and sugars and cook over medium heat. Add pouch of spices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add vinegar and cook for 5-15 more minutes, depending on your peaches and heat.
- Smash peaches against the side of the pan as needed. When thickened, taste chutney. Adjust seasoning by adding more sugar, salt and pepper, or vinegar to taste.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Cut bread on the bias (fancy word for at an angle), brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place bread on a cookie sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the bread.
- When bread is toasted, remove from oven and top with a slice of brie while till warm. Let sit for about 30-60 seconds before topping the whole thing with a spoonful of peach chutney. Serve at room temperature.
Homemade Peach Chutney and Brie Canapé
Homemade Peach Chutney and Brie Canapé, Recipe, Delicious Food
via simple cooking, recipe http://ift.tt/1tvz9JP