- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp clove
- dash of ginger powder
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas.
- Mix all wet ingredients together. Add in the sugars. Add in the salt and spice(s).
- Add the last three ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9×5 bread pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
I have better luck with baking breads in glass pans. Dark non-stick pans make the crust a little too dark, and with moist breads like this one sometimes the inside needs more time to cook properly.
The Best Banana Nut Bread
via simple cooking, recipe http://ift.tt/1yCkwa3