1 box Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix (or the chocolate cake mix!)
1/3 C. oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 C. butter, softened
2-3 C. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
green food dye
red candies (mini M&M’s, red hots, or sprinkles)
1. Preheat oven to 335 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. The dough will be thick so you can either mix it by hand to get a workout or use a mixer.
3. Scoop out dough balls the size of walnuts and lightly flatten onto the pan. (Just a gentle pan will do to keep them from baking up too tall.)
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
5. Let cool.
6. Frosting: Beat butter and 2 cups powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add vanilla extract and green food dye.
7. Pipe frosting on in a circle to create your wreath (piping tip shown in photo).
8. Use your Fruit by the Foot to make bows and then place those on top of the cookie wreath. Finish off with red candies for your “berries.”
Like this recipe ? find it on @YourCupofCake
from Blogger http://simplecookingrecipe1.blogspot.com/2016/09/easy-christmas-wreath-cookies.html
Find more at It’s your life