GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
1 C. crushed graham crackers
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1/2 C. oil
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. milk
1 C. butter, softened
1 (1.2 oz) package freeze dried strawberries, or 3 Tbsp. strawberry puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Combine crushed graham crackers with melted butter and spoon a little into each cupcake liner (20-24). Use your fingers to gently press the crumbs down flat.
3. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, sour cream and milk. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Let cool.
4. Frosting: Beat butter until smooth. If you’re working with freeze-dried strawberries make sure to read my post linked above for step by step photos. The quick directions are finely crush the berried in a blender and then use a sifter to only use the finer pieces. Add it to your butter and then continue to add vanilla and powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. (If you’re using strawberry puree which is just a few fresh strawberries blended in a blender, just add that to your butter and continue on!)
5. The fun part! Set your oven to broil on HIGH and line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil. Arrange 20-24 Campfire® Marshmallows on the pan so they aren’t touching each other. Once the oven is heated, place the pan on the highest or second to highest rack. Close the oven door and flip your oven light on and WATCH. this will only take 1-3 minutes depending on your oven but they can burn if you leave them in even 10 seconds too long, so just watch them and take them out when they’re golden brown!
6. Frost your cupcakes and top with chocolate sauce (I used store bought) and your big fluffy delicious marshmallow!
Like this recipe ? find it on @YourCupofCake
Strawberry S’mores Cupcakes
via simple cooking, recipe http://ift.tt/2bOxWgd