- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp chopped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 6-12 basil leaves, depending on size
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat mallet to pound them until they are about ¼ inch to ½ inch in thickness.
- Spread ½ of the cream cheese on each chicken breast. Scroll down for step pictures. Top with basil leaves, then 2 slices of prosciutto on each breast and a tbsp of chopped sun-dried tomatoes on each breast. Carefully roll up the breasts and secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a oven proof skillet and brown the chicken, placing first with seam side down until just slightly golden brown. You may need to remove toothpicks to brown on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven and bake chicken for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet onto a cutting board, discard toothpicks and wait about 15 minutes before slicing each chicken breasts. To double the recipe simply double all the ingredients.
Serving size: 252g Calories: 419 Fat: 15.5g Saturated fat: 5.0g Unsaturated fat: 0.0g Trans fat:0.0g Carbohydrates: 2.4g Sugar: 1.9g Sodium: 800mg Fiber: 1.4g Protein: 64.0gCholesterol: 169mg
Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
via simple cooking, recipe http://ift.tt/2ejkNA2