- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix sugar and spices in a food processor or stand-up mixer. Add in flour, baking soda, and salt – mix.
- Add in molasses and mix on medium speed. Then add in milk. Mix until dough starts clumping together and away from the sides of the bowl.
- Create a compact ball out of the cookie dough and flatten out into a disc shape. Wrap the dough in parchment paper and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness for chewy cookies, and 1/8 inch thickness for crispy cookies. Use cookie cutters to create gingerbread men.
- Bake cookies on a baking sheet fitted with parchment paper for 7 minutes for chewy cookies. For crispier cookies, bake a couple minutes longer. Rotate pan halfway through baking to make sure all the cookies evenly bake. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a couple minute before moving them to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- For the royal icing, whisk the egg white with powdered sugar, stopping the mixer to scrape the powdered sugar off the sides of the bowl. Add in vanilla extract and mix again on medium-high speed until icing is thick and stiff.
- Use a small brush or very small pastry tip to pipe icing onto gingerbread men.
how to make Gingerbread Men Cookies ?
Cookies, Gingerbread Men
via simple cooking, recipe http://ift.tt/2f3TXbl